That’s right, folks! You know that overbearing, critical, and judgmental woman that gave birth to you? Yeah, that one. Between lifetimes, you decided this is the lady you wanted to call Mom.
Now I know some of you are asking, “Why on Earth would I do that? My mother really is pretty awful” and others are asking, “I love my mom. She’s awesome. Why would someone choose a mom like that?”
Two words: LIFE LESSONS
Life lessons are the lessons we choose between lifetimes in order to further our soul’s growth. Someone who has chosen a parent like that for this lifetime may have decided to tackle the life lesson of self-worth, for example.
Another person who had the experience of being cheated on may have chosen a life lesson of trust. That no-good, lying, cheating ex of yours was actually helping you to learn a life lesson. Seriously!
This isn’t limited to negative events or people in our lives, of course. You can also learn life lessons through happy events.
By becoming a parent, someone might learn the life lesson of love or kindness. (Or if your kids are anything like mine, patience)
Landing that incredible dream job may be a lesson of empowerment or recognition and acknowledgement.
On the flip-side, not landing that dream job may be a lesson of self-determination or confidence.
Before we incarnate into the next lifetime, we choose our life lessons and also the major people in our lives and the events that take place in order to effectively learn those life lessons.
The good, bad, and even the ugly.
We get presented with options and we get to say yay or nay to our experiences. This is another example of the free-will we all have. Cool, right?
Here’s another little nugget of valuable information: we don’t have to finish the life lessons we have chosen all in one lifetime. This means if you learn through an Akashic Record Reading that you are only 5% through with your Primary Life Lesson and you are 75-years old, you won’t need to stress that the other 95% must be finished before this lifetime is finished. You can take that life lesson on in a subsequent lifetime and check that baby off the list. No pressure.
It can be incredibly healing to know what your life lessons are in this lifetime because it gives you a broader perspective as to why certain things in your life have happened and even though that doesn’t make those events less painful or hurtful (for example) it can help make them more understandable. It can also make a person feel more empowered in their current life.
When you know what your life lessons are for this lifetime, it might make your mom a little more bearable or that situation with your ex less impactful on future relationships.
If nothing else, you can always cross your fingers you choose a nicer mother and don’t date jerks the next time around!
p.s. Curious to know what life lessons you have chosen for this lifetime? Book an Akashic Record Reading here!
Hi, I'm Shelly.
I am a mother, wife, spiritual blogger, and professional psychic. I am also sassy, down-to-Earth, and love to share my stories, tools, and connection to Spirit with all of you.
Welcome to my blog!
Write a comment