Have you ever wondered whether people really have Spirit Guides or whether the ‘guidance’ they receive is just some crap they made up in their heads?
Yeah. I wondered, too.
I mean, I had never talked to a Spirit Guide. I had certainly never seen one. Not to mention the fact that if I really did have someone guiding me in my life, they must have been awful, based on some of the guys I dated over the years.
Where was my divine guidance then?
Anyway, when I decided to go ahead and give this psychic thing a try and concentrate on developing it I knew I had to trust that the Guides were there and that I could actually connect with them. Of course, if you are anything like me, you need a little proof before you can really trust something like that.
Trust issues, anyone?
I had read a few articles on how to ask your Guides for a sign and see if they answer. This made sense to me. If I get a sign (a real sign) I decided I would go ahead and jump in with two feet with this Spirit Guide thing.
The first sign I asked for was a yellow rose to come into my path within the next week. This was something that was not anything that I saw on a daily or semi-regular basis, I wasn’t hanging out in flower shops, and didn’t live in Texas. (If you didn’t get that reference, it’s a song…I couldn’t help myself).
I also specified that it needed to be within a certain time frame. I thought a week was good since I couldn’t expect them to manifest a yellow rose that day (although they could) and I didn’t want to wait longer than a week only to decide that a yellow rose I might see three months later was a coincidence and not a sign.
Again, trust issues.
So I asked for my sign and waited. Two days later I received my yellow rose, but not in the form I was anticipating.
I had been working at the local Farmer’s Market selling my handcrafted soap. Every Saturday I sat next to the same two vendors. A lady that sold French macaroons sat on my right and a lady that made beautiful hand sewn handbags and pillows sat on my left. But not that Saturday. That Saturday the handbag vendor had been moved and this cute little gal who made paper crafts was in her place. After she was set up for the day, I looked over and this beautiful handcrafted yellow paper rose was right beside me.
I knew immediately it was a sign from my Spirit Guides letting me know they were there.
After that, I asked for more signs, just to be sure. Small feathers, random coins, you name it. My Guides did not disappoint.
I had put them to the test and they passed!
Now that you know how awesome receiving a sign from your Guides is, want to try it for yourself? It’s easy.
Here’s how it works:
1. Find a quiet space where you can concentrate and be alone
2. Take several deep breaths. Inhale to the count of 4, hold for the count of 4, and exhale to the count of 8.
3. Think of something that you might like to see as a sign from your Guides. Take into consideration that asking them to do something like randomly turning on your television takes a lot of energy and may be too hard for them to accomplish. Keep it simple, yet noticeable, like a yellow rose.
4. Ask, “If it is in my best interest and the highest good of all involved, I would like to ask my Guides to give me a sign of their presence in the form of a yellow rose (or whatever sign you asked for) coming across my path within the next week. Thank you."
5. Be patient, be aware of your surroundings, and trust that your request will be met.
6. Once you receive your sign, don’t forget to thank your Guides! After all, Spirit Guides were once human and showing your gratitude and respect will always go a long way.
Above all, have fun with this! Spirit Guides are awesome to have in your life and they truly have your back.
p.s. Still wondering why my Spirit Guides let me date those guys I mentioned before? Three reasons:
One more thing...if you are hoping to get some detailed information on your Spirit Guides, you can book a Spirit Guide Reading here!
Hi, I'm Shelly.
I am a mother, wife, spiritual blogger, and professional psychic. I am also sassy, down-to-Earth, and love to share my stories, tools, and connection to Spirit with all of you.
Welcome to my blog!
Write a comment