Whether you are an Emotional Empath or not, the holidays (and the family dynamics that come with them) can be extremely stressful. Siblings bickering at the dinner table, your mother-in-law
judging your cooking, or your uncle hitting the egg nog a little too hard, can all add up to an overload of emotion and anxiety for you.
Even if your uncle doesn’t hit the nog this year, most of us have one friend, relative, or neighbor that drives us bananas during the holiday season.
Am I right?
When you are a highly sensitive person (especially if you are an Emotional Empath) being around chaos, negativity, and traumatic situations can wear on you emotionally, energetically,
and even physically.
So the question is, can you protect your personal energy, emotions, and physical reactions this season? Yes. It’s not easy, it won’t take all your stress away, but it can help.
Here are my top 5 tips on how to survive the holiday season:
1. Ground Yourself Before Attending the Function using Crystals
Before you even say hello to your Aunt Betty or Uncle Jerry, run (don’t walk!) to your nearest metaphysical shop. Crystals are powerful tools that can be used for many things such as opening up
intuition, creating a harmonious space in your home or office, attracting love, protecting you from negative energy, and yes you guessed it…grounding your energy.
Not all grounding crystals work in the same way for every person, so it’s important to physically hold the crystal in the palm of your hand and feel it’s energy. Take a deep
breath, close your eyes, and trust the first reaction you have. When you find the stone that will ground you effectively, you will know.
In the event you cannot get to a metaphysical shop and need to buy a crystal online, you can still choose the best crystal for yourself.
Close your eyes. Take a deep breath, and say,“Spirit, please guide me to my grounding crystal.”
Open your eyes, scan the page and the first grounding crystal that jumps out for you will be the one.
Once you have chosen your crystal (and cleansed it), keep it on or near your body when you are heading to a stressful situation. I personally like to keep my crystal in my pocket and rub it in my
hand when the negativity starts to ramp up. It calms me and reminds me to breathe.
2. Protect Your Aura with an Energy Shield
Protecting your aura with an energy shield is helpful not only during stressful family functions, but is a great tool to use if large crowds are especially overwhelming for you. I use this tool
when in busy locations as it cuts down the energetic noise and helps protect me as an Emotional Empath.
1. Take a deep breath
2. Imagine a white light of protection coming down from Source, your Higher Self, or your Guides
3. As the white light reaches about a foot above your crown chakra (located at the top of your head) say, “Spirit, please cleanse my aura of any energy which is not mine or which no longer
4. Imagine the white light moving down and expanding over your body like a protective dome or bubble in which outside energies and emotions cannot penetrate.
5. Whenever you feel that someone is coming your way with negativity or stress, see the energetic shield protecting your aura and sending that energy right back to the person it came